The Africa-Asia ICAS Book Prize (AAIBP)
Date limite : 15 mars 2018
Aire : Asie
The Africa-Asia ICAS Book Prize (AAIBP) was established by the ICAS Secretariat and A-Asia in 2013. The aim is to create by way of a global competition both an international focus for publications on Africa-Asia while at the same time increasing their visibility worldwide.
Eligible titles are academic publications in the Humanities and Social Sciences, written by an African scholar on an Asia-related topic or by any author on Africa-Asia (transnational) linkages.
Publications may be in English, French or Portuguese, and must have first been published after July 2014. Publications should be submitted online by the publisher.
Deadline: 15 March 2018
For more information see the Rules and Regulations below. For questions, please contact the ICAS Secretariat at email@example.com
Rules and Regulations
- The deadline for submitting books to the AAIBP is 15 March 2018
- Eligible titles are academic publications in the Humanities and Social Sciences, written by an African scholar on an Asia-related topic or by any author on Africa-Asia (transnational) linkages.
- Publications may be in English, French or Portuguese.
- Publications must have been first published after July 2014 (no new editions).
- New editions, reference works, anthologies, fiction, poetry, travel books, autobiographies, memoirs, pamphlets, textbooks and exhibition catalogues are not eligible.
- Books must be submitted online by the publishers (academic presses or commercial publishers).
- Upon entering the titles, publishers will be instructed where to send the hardcopies (5 in total). No books shall be returned (if, for example, they prove to be ineligible).
- The ICAS Secretariat administers the AAIBP. It is responsible for the formation of the AAIBP Reading Committee.
- The AAIBP Reading Committee will adhere to jointly agreed points of departure in its decision making process.
- The decision of the Reading Committee is final.
- The Winner of the AAIBP 2018 shall be announced during the Second International Africa-Asia Conference in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania (20-22 September 2018).
The Winner of the AAIBP 2018 will be awarded with a travel grant to ICAS 11 in Leiden (the Netherlands), where s/he will again be honoured at the IBP Awards Presentation, and encouraged to present her/his Winning Title during the ICAS Book Carrousel (www.icas.asia).