? deadline : november 21th 2022
Decolonizing Southeast Asian Sound Archives (DeCoSEAS) invites up to four Visiting fellows from Southeast Asia between April 2023 and November 2023 for a three-month stay to work with one or more Southeast Asian collections within audio-visual archives located in Europe.
The fellow can be an artist, curator, activist, scholar, or other stakeholders of the sonic repertoire they intend to consult for research, artistic, performance, curational, ritual, or private purposes. Early and mid-career applicants are prioritized.
- Someone who is passionate about sound recordings and enthusiastic about delving deeper into colonial archives
- National of Southeast Asia
- Early or mid-career artist, curator, activist, scholar, or other stakeholder of the sound archives
- Good communication skills in English
- Linguistic and cultural familiarity with the Southeast Asian sound recordings
2. Timeslots of Fellowship
DeCoSEAS can host fellows in two timeslots:
- April-June 2023
- September-November 2023